Last Saturday 17/12/11, an event very different from others took place online. TeachMeet International shared energy and lots of inspiration. TeachMeet was organised and moderated by Arjana Blazic (a wonderful educator from Croatia), Brat Verswijvel (an educator from Belgium) also Sonja Lusic Rodosevic (Arjana’s collegue).
Why was Teach Meet so special?
What was unique about this TeachMeeting was the fact that every speaker had just three minutes to describe a project that have conducted with his/her students. What is more, the most commendable aspect was the really international nature of this event. We were all flying together to Croatia, Wales, Switzerland, Argentina, Japan, South Africa, Russia, Indonesia, Spain, India and Romania. It was really an intecontinental event.
During this event, I had the chance to listen at great micro presentations, meet and chat with:
- Vicky Loras (@vickyloras) from Switzerland – she talked about Multiculturalism in Education.
- Ann Loseva (@annloseva) from Moscow – she talked about her genuine idea with ELTworkplaces as a way to go with Posterous
- Guido (@europeantje) from Belgium – he talked about student blogging with… you guessed it: Posterous!
- Vladimira Michalkova (@vladkaslniecko) from Slovakia – she talked about bookmariking students’s dreams
- Yitzha Sarwono (@yitzha_sarwono) from Indonesia – she showed as how she applied dogme teaching in Montessori kindergarten classroom
- Chiew Pang (@aClilToClimb) from Spain – gave us a lot of tips and ideas for Wordle in the classroom
- Cherry Mathew Philipose (@cherrymp) from India – he talked to us about Community Listening
- Chuck Sandy (@chucksandy) from Japan – he taught us how to step back as teachers and let the students learn
and many others! You can see the whole list here.
I am so happy to be a part of such a strong PLN which shares, interacts, helps, collaborates. THANK YOU everyone for everything that you do. You really inspire me and make do my best for me and my students.
Missed it? Dont worry here is the recording. Just write your name and sign in to microsoft meeting.
I can’t wait for the next TeachMeet event. Arjana, Brat and Sonja thank you for letting me being a part of it.
Till then let’s enjoy TeachMeet the movie created by Bart:
You can find my presentation here: